Difficulty Level: Easy
Equipment List: Scales, Bain Marie, Hot Plate, Wooden Spoon, Whisk, Containers and Labels for the finished product
|To Make 100g
|To Make 1kg
|Vitamin E Oil
- Using a bain marie, gently melt together the beeswax and cocoa butter then remove from the heat
- Stir in the coconut oil, allowing it to melt completely (you should not need to heat the mixture any further)
- Stir in the almond oil and whisk the mix until it begins to cool and slightly thicken
- Add the vitamin E and vanilla absolute (it is important that the mix has cooled before adding these heat sensitive ingredients)
- Pour the finished mix into small pots and put in the fridge to set
Packaging: We suggest pouring your lip balm into small pots (we suggest 15ml or less) – don’t forget to add a label!
How to use the product: Apply with the tip of the finger as often as desired. May melt in warm temperatures or if kept in a pocket.
Variations: Try changing out the vanilla absolute for peppermint for a fresh feel. If you want a firmer end product, increase the cocoa butter and beeswax and reduce the almond oil.
Hints and Tips: Whisk briskly until the mix begins to cool to prevent grittiness.
INCI*: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cocus Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tocopherol, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Extract, Anisyl Alcohol
* This is the correct INCI as it needs to appear on the label in the EU. We make every effort to ensure this recipe conforms to current EU cosmetics regulations to ensure you are making an item that is safe to use. If you wish to sell your items, a safety assessment and stability testing would still be required and we do not claim that the recipe will meet commercial requirements.