A simple balm that can be applied to the temples, wrists or nape of neck to bring yourself back from anxiousness and encourage a calm & clear state of mind
Difficulty Level: Easy
Equipment List: Bain Maire/Double Boiler, Small Jars, Accurate Scale, Spatula
|To Make 30g
|To Make 1kg
|Vitamin E Oil
|Mandarin Essential Oil
|Lavender Essential Oil
|Peppermint Essential Oil
- Using the bain maire, melt together the cocoa butter and beeswax until completely liquid, then remove from the heat
- Place the bowl over cold water and add the almond oil, stirring continuously.
- Finally add your Vitamin E and essential oils, stirring well to mix evenly.
- Pour the mix into small jars and set aside to cool and solidify for several hours with the lids off to prevent condensation build up.
Packaging: We suggest using small pots, no larger than 30ml, which can be easily carried in a packet or handbag.
How to use the product: Use by rubbing a little of the balm onto your temples, wrists or nape of the neck as needed.
Variations: For a vegan version, beeswax can be substituted for soya wax
Hints and Tips: If you find your mix to be too soft, increase the wax element and decrease the oil.
INCI*: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cera Alba, Tocopherol, Citrus Reticulata (Mandarin) Essential Oil, Lavandula Augustifolia (Lavender) Essential Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Essential Oil, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool
* This is the correct INCI as it needs to appear on the label in the EU. We make every effort to ensure this recipe conforms to current EU cosmetics regulations to ensure you are making an item that is safe to use. If you wish to sell your items, a safety assessment and stability testing would still be required and we do not claim that the recipe will meet commercial requirements.