Calming Aromatherapy Spray
Difficulty Level: Easy
A handy spray for a quick rescue at times when you are feeling anxiety and tension. Can also be used as a pillow spray to encourage restful sleep.
Equipment List: Accurate scales, Bowl or Jug
|To Make 100ml
|To Make 1kg
|Lavender Essential Oil
|Mandarin Essential Oil
|Chamomile Essential Oil
- Blend together the essential oils and leave to amalgamate for several hours
- Mix the polysorbate-20 and essential oils together well
- Add the water, mixing well
- Check the pH is compatible with your chosen preservative – correct using lactic acid or citric acid solution (if too high) or sodium bicarbonate (if too low).
- Add the preservative – we recommend Preservative ECO which is used in the INCI below
Packaging: We suggest using an atomiser spray bottle. It is best to use an opaque or dark glass bottle as the resulting solution may be slightly cloudy which is visually less appealing.
How to use the product: Spray on the face, in your room or on your pillow as desired
Hints and Tips: Warming the water will make it easier to dissolve the polysorbate and essential oils mix.
INCI*: Aqua, Polysorbate-20, Lavendula Augustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin, Sorbic acid, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool
* This is the correct INCI as it needs to appear on the label in the EU. We make every effort to ensure this recipe conforms to current EU cosmetics regulations to ensure you are making an item that is safe to use. If you wish to sell your items, a safety assessment and stability testing would still be required and we do not claim that the recipe will meet commercial requirements.