Hempseed Carrier Oil (Unrefined, Organic)
From: £1.00 Inc. VAT
Pure and natural, organic, unrefined hemp seed oil. Moisturising and nourishing for dry and easily irritated skin. Choose unrefined hemp seed oil for maximum nutrient content and to use as a food supplement.
Suitable for use in aromatherapy, soap making, massage, skincare & cosmetics. See below for a detailed description and to download the SDS, Allergens Declaration and COA
Description – Hemp seed oil is extracted from the cannabis plant but does not contain THC or other psychoactive elements present in the dried leaves of recreational cannabis sativa. It is available as refined and unrefined oil. Unrefined is thicker and nutritionally richer, best for rich skin and hair care preparations or as a food supplement. The refined oil has a lighter texture and colour which is more desirable in some formulations. One of the highest content fatty acids with a perfect nutritional balance of omega 6 and 3.
The pant matter used to produce organic oils is grown without the use of chemical pesticides and herbicides. There are also strict controls related the growing and extraction of the oil to minimise negative environmental impact and ensure sustainability.
|Common Name||Hemp Seed Oil Unrefined & Organic|
|Botanical Name||Cannabis Sativa|
|Extraction Method||Cold Pressed|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Appearance||Dark green, medium viscosity|
|Skin Feel||Penetrates deeply, absorbed quickly, very dry oil, can feel a little rough when used alone|
|Skin Type||Dry and Damaged|
|Properties||Moisturising, Nourishing, Anti-aging|
|Heat Stability||Keep below 40c|
|Typical Fatty Acid Profile||8% Saturated, 12% Monounsaturated, 80% Polyunsaturated|
|Main Constituents (Typical Values)||55% Linoleic Acid, 25% Linolenic Acid, 12% Oleic Acid, 6% Palmitic Acid|
|Natural Vitamin Content||Vitamin|
- Dry & Easily Irritated Skin – add to creams and lotions or apply direct to soothe, hydrate and prevent moisture loss. Combine with jojoba, sea buckthorn and almond oil
- Damaged Hair – Combine with jojoba and coconut oil for intensive conditioning oils and masks
- Nails – nourish and strengthening for brittle and weak nails. Blend with safflower, pumpkin seed and sesame oils
- Protective – enhance natural defences against sun, dry air, soaps and detergents
- Anti-Aging – helps to compensate for low ceramide levels which contribute to the formation of fine lines, wrinkles and loss of elasticity
- Oily Skin – blend with rosehip and olive squalene for a balancing serum
- Food supplement
Packaging – Supplied in clear PET bottles with flip top lid for easy dispensing. Fully labelled with common name, botanical name, BBE date and batch code. SDS and Certificate of analysis available for download
The information provided by Cosmetics Made Easy is for educational purposes only. It is not guaranteed to be complete or accurate, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder or medical condition. The use of any information provided is the sole responsibility of the user. We advise you to consult with a qualified health care professional prior to using complementary therapies.
Recommended Reading: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage (4th Edition, 2008) Len Price with Shirley Price
1 Litre, 50ml, Sample, 100ml, 500ml