INCI: Sodium Bicarbonate
CAS Number: 144-58-8
Pharmaceutical FCC Food Grade white, powder. Also known as bicarbonate of soda or baking soda. A versatile ingredient used in bath bombs & fizzes, scrubs, tooth powder and bath salts. Can also be used to adjust pH (reduces acidity). In scrubs and washes, sodium bicarbonate helps to exfoliate and draw toxins out of the skin, and in shampoo it is valued for removing any residue to leave hair shiny and deeply cleansed. In bath bombs and fizzes, it combines with citric acid to produce a fizzing and bubbling reaction.
500g and 1kg packs are supplied in resealable, ziplock foil bags for ease of use and to maximise freshness. 5kg is double wrapped in plastic and boxed. 25kg are supplied in sacks as supplied to us by the manufacturer.
Shelf Life: 2 Years
- Bath bombs and fizzes
- Exfoliating – effective and gentle, fine round particles
- Cleansing – draws out toxins and removes washing residues
- pH Balancing agent (we recommend making a 10% solution in water)
- In cooking as a rising agent, tenderiser
- Household cleaning
- Absorbs odours – please be wary of DIY recipes suggesting direct application to skin as a deodorant as this can cause irritation
Recommended for bath fizzes, exfoliating & cleansing scrubs, pH balancing.
SDS and COA available
1kg, 25kg, 500g, 50g, 5kg, Sample