Safflower (Thistle) Oil (Organic)
From: £1.00 Inc. VAT
Pure and natural, organic, refined safflower oil. Very light and easily absorbed, extremely rich in omega oils making it good for dry skin & nails and balancing oily or combination skin. Suitable for use in aromatherapy, soap making, massage, skincare & cosmetics. See below for a detailed description and to download the SDS, Allergens Declaration and COA
Description – Safflower oil is one of the highest natural sources of oleic acid, excellent for omegas 3&6 (80%). It is an economical choice for obtaining these elements.
The pant matter used to produce organic oils is grown without the use of chemical pesticides and herbicides. There are also strict controls related the growing and extraction of the oil to minimise negative environmental impact and ensure sustainability.
|Common Name||Safflower (Thistle) Oil|
|Botanical Name||Carthamus Tinctorius|
|Extraction Method||Cold Pressed|
|Country of Origin||Mexico|
|Appearance||Yellow to golden, thin|
|Skin Feel||Instantly smooth, dry, fast absorption|
|Properties||Balancing, Rejuvenating, Softening|
|Heat Stability||Stable in hot process|
|Typical Fatty Acid Profile||28% Linoleic Acid, 13% Oleic|
|Main Constituents (Typical Values)|
|Natural Vitamin Content||Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and E|
- Damaged Skin – rejuvenating, softening, moisturising
- Extremely Dry Skin – add to creams and massage oils
- Oil & Combination Skin – rebalancing especially combined with hemp, rosehip and olive squalane.
- Reduce Pore Size – blend with borage and evening primrose
- Nails – nourishing and moisturising for dry, flaky and cracked nails. Combine with sesame, borage, vitamin E and myrrh
- Massage – Nourishing and moisturising. Add 20-30% to a long oil for good glide e.g. almond, apricot or peach. A good alternative to grapeseed.
Packaging – Supplied in clear PET bottles with flip top lid for easy dispensing. Fully labelled with common name, botanical name, BBE date and batch code. SDS and Certificate of analysis available for download
The information provided by Cosmetics Made Easy is for educational purposes only. It is not guaranteed to be complete or accurate, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder or medical condition. The use of any information provided is the sole responsibility of the user. We advise you to consult with a qualified health care professional prior to using complementary therapies.
Recommended Reading: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage (4th Edition, 2008) Len Price with Shirley Price
1 Litre, 50ml, Sample, 100ml, 500ml