Coconut Oil (Organic, Raw Virgin)
From: £1.00 Inc. VAT
Gorgeous, natural, organic, raw, virgin coconut oil. Retains its natural aroma, melts to the touch and is nourishing for dry skin and hair as well as delicious to cook with. Suitable for use in aromatherapy, soap making, massage, skincare & cosmetics. See below for a detailed description and to download the SDS, Allergens Declaration and COA.
Description – We stock 4 types of coconut oil. Fractionated is liquid at room temperature and the most refined. Organic and standard coconut oils are solid at room temperature but have a neutral aroma. Organic virgin coconut oil is the least refined being pressed directly from the coconut and simply being filtered. It is softer than standard coconut oil and retains its natural aroma and maximum nutrient value.
|Common Name||Coconut Oil (Organic, Virgin)|
|Botanical Name||Cocos Nucifera|
|INCI||Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil|
|Country of Origin||Sri Lanka|
|Extraction Method||Cold pressed|
|Appearance||White to off white|
|Skin Feel||Melts to the touch|
|Heat Stability||Heat stable|
- Barely solid at room temperature – virgin coconut oil can melt in warmer temperatures
- Suitable for all skin types, especially dry or sensitive skin
- Add to massage oils for extra body
- Add to creams and lotions to improve texture
- Hair Care – coconut oil makes an excellent intensive conditioning treatment. Help to keep coarse, dry or brittle hair more flexible and shiny
- Soap – add up to 30% (more can be drying), for a rich and stable lather
- Mild coconut taste, nutritionally rich, high in lauric acid and medium-chain triglycerides
Our Virgin coconut oil is sourced from a cooperative in Sri Lanka who use their profits to invest in developing local schools and have also worked tirelessly to support the destitute and Tsunami victims in Sri Lanka.
Packaging – Supplied in resealable, aluminium pouches to fully protect your butter from light and air. Fully labelled with common name, botanical name, BBE date and batch code. SDS and Certificate of analysis available for download
The information provided by Cosmetics Made Easy is for educational purposes only. It is not guaranteed to be complete or accurate, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder or medical condition. The use of any information provided is the sole responsibility of the user. We advise you to consult with a qualified health care professional prior to using complementary therapies.
Recommended Reading: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage (4th Edition, 2008) Len Price with Shirley Price
100g, 1kg, 500g, Sample