Description – A soft butter that melts to the touch and can be used up to 100%. Avocado oil is hydrogenated and blended with shea butter (for texture) and vitamin e (antioxidant). Contents are >50% Avocado Oil, 25-50% Hydrogenated vegetable oil, 5-10% Shea Butter, 0.1-1% Vitamin E.
|Common Name||Avocado Butter|
|Botanical Name||Persea Americana|
|INCI||Persea Americana (Avocado) Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Tocopherol|
|Country of Origin||France and Ghana|
|Appearance||Light cream, Soft|
|Skin Feel||Melts on contact with skin, rich & luxurious feel, slowly absorbed|
|Heat Stability||Heat tolerant|
|Saponification Value||NaOH 133, KOH 187|
|Storage||18-24 Months. Keep cool – may melt in warm temperatures|
- Body butters, balms & rich creams – Deeply nourishing for dry, damaged & dehydrated skin; cracked or flaking nails
- Lip Balms – Dry, chapped skin; sun and wind damage
- Hair Conditioners 2-5% – Softening & hydrating for dry or brittle hair. Leaves hair silky and smooth.
- Massage – add 5-20% for an enriched oil, or add to massage bars.
- Soaps – 5-20% for hydrating, luxury soaps
Packaging – Supplied in resealable, aluminium pouches to fully protect your butter from light and air. Fully labelled with common name, botanical name, BBE date and batch code. SDS and Certificate of analysis available for download
The information provided by Cosmetics Made Easy is for educational purposes only. It is not guaranteed to be complete or accurate, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder or medical condition. The use of any information provided is the sole responsibility of the user. We advise you to consult with a qualified health care professional prior to using complementary therapies.
Recommended Reading: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage (4th Edition, 2008) Len Price with Shirley Price