Description – The argan tree is native to Morocco and naturally resistant to drought. All true argan oil is produced by a women’s cooperative that shares the profits directly with the Berber tribe, providing healthcare and education for the local people. The pant matter used to produce organic oils is grown without the use of chemical pesticides and herbicides. There are also strict controls related the growing and extraction of the oil to minimise negative environmental impact and ensure sustainability.
|Common Name||Argan Oil (Unrefined, Organic)|
|Botanical Name||Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil|
|Extraction Method||Expeller Pressed|
|Country of Origin||Morocco|
|Appearance||Golden, Medium to Light Viscosity|
|Skin Feel||Non-greasy, half-fatty, absorbs slowly but fully over several hours|
|Skin Type||All skin types|
|Properties||Nourishing, Protective, Restorative|
|Heat Stability||Suitable for hot and cold processes|
|Typical Fatty Acid Profile||16-20% Saturated, 45-50% Monounsaturated, 32-40% Polyunsaturated|
|Main Constituents (Typical Values)||Oleic Acid (43%), Linoleic Acid (37%), Palmitic Acid (12%), Stearic Acid (6%)|
|Natural Vitamin Content||Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, C, E (exceptionally high), proteins|
- Anti-Aging – high vitamin E (anti-oxidant) and saponin content helps reduce appearance of wrinkles by restoring the skin’s water lipid layer
- Elasticity – restores the elasticity of the skin for improved appearance of décolletage, especially when combined with evening primrose oil
- Soothing – reddened wind or sun exposed skin
- Protects – against drying in cold weather and against pollution
- Eye Area – improve the appearance of wrinkles and slack skin, blend with camellia oil.
- Large Pores – reduce the appearance of open pores, blend with rosehip oil
Packaging – Supplied in clear PET bottles with flip top lid for easy dispensing. Fully labelled with common name, botanical name, BBE date and batch code. SDS and Certificate of analysis available for download
The information provided by Cosmetics Made Easy is for educational purposes only. It is not guaranteed to be complete or accurate, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder or medical condition. The use of any information provided is the sole responsibility of the user. We advise you to consult with a qualified health care professional prior to using complementary therapies.
Recommended Reading: Carrier Oils for Aromatherapy & Massage (4th Edition, 2008) Len Price with Shirley Price